Thread: Safelite and Social Media Distortion

1. Question Safelite and Social Media Distortion

An IGA member recently raised a question regarding the waiving of deductibles and how Safelite supports this. The IGA member found this on the Facebook Safelite page:

Karen Payne posted to Safelite AutoGlass 13 hours ago near Idaho Falls, ID
    A big shout out to the safelite auto glass on 17th str. In Idaho falls ID. Not only did they make me extrememly Happy with my wonderful new windshield,they waived our deductuble and told my husband to take me to dinner tonight. What a wonderful treat and we intend to "Pass it on"...Thank you so much!

One member pointed out that this "Karen Payne" is 74 years old and that a male with the same last name passed away 7 years ago in Idaho Falls at the age of 68, according to research performed using the online service Spokeo. It was also pointed out that many services are available that perform social media services aimed to boost ranking such as "Likes" on Facebook.

For discussion:

1. Where does your business stand on the waiving of deductibles?
    2. How do you encourage "Likes" on your Facebook page?
    3. Would you use a social media service to boost you online visibility?

We are all hoping that dinner worked out for Mrs. Payne

2. Default

Isn't it illegal in Idaho to waive deductibles?

JMHNLO
    I have gone out to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please, hold me until I get here.

Speaking of the practive of waiving deductibles......seems like the CSR in this case got a little happy with a Geico customer:

" The customer service rep told my husband that since we had never filed a claim before, that they would waive the deductible.... awesome!! "

...." so I tell her that and ask that she review the tape of the conversation... after all it did say the call would be monitored and recorded. "

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1 View Post
    Isn't it illegal in Idaho to waive deductibles?

JMHNLO
    I don't believe Idaho is one of those states where waiver of the deductible is forbidden; however, the state court may still construe the waiver as a tortious interference with the insurer’s contract with the insured. In other words, even if the service provider does not violate an affirmative statutory or regulatory prohibition, it may still commit a business tort that injures the insurer by eliminating a cost-control mechanism. " Jus Sayin' "

5. Default Social Media & My Business

Gary,

It is very commonplace to use social media to gain a buzz. However I think there is etiquette involved. Such as making false statements. What really is disturbing is what we found out about a shop buying fake Google.com reviews, it came to our attention when a family member commented on a pizza place that they went to that was horrid that had good reviews. Upon further investigation we found out that a certain shop uses the same fake review place as the pizza place, and it get better the pizza place is like 124 miles from the glass shop, both which "they go to for all there glass needs" and they also i guess drive 124 miles to eat pizza ever Wednesday, because after all the kids eat free.........

NexoZeon - are these fake "google reviews" the source of the claims (found all over the Internet) that ".... NJ mom makes $7840.00 a week part-time working on the Internet.... blah, blah, blah..." It just has to be; I see this same BS everywhere I read something on the Internet, at least once a day without fail.

Truth be told, if I thought it was true or possible, I would have given it a roll already.

Quote Originally Posted by NexoZeon View Post
    Gary,

It is very commonplace to use social media to gain a buzz. However I think there is etiquette involved. Such as making false statements. What really is disturbing is what we found out about a shop buying fake Google.com reviews, it came to our attention when a family member commented on a pizza place that they went to that was horrid that had good reviews. Upon further investigation we found out that a certain shop uses the same fake review place as the pizza place, and it get better the pizza place is like 124 miles from the glass shop, both which "they go to for all there glass needs" and they also i guess drive 124 miles to eat pizza ever Wednesday, because after all the kids eat free.........

7. Default

Look on their facebook page, most positive posts are from people with 0 friends, "fake facebook page" setup to write positive things about companies.
    The day a insurance company needs permission from a competitor to write a policy, I'll join a network.